Care & Maintenance
Everything you need to know to take care of your SunHaven Set
SunHaven’s patio furniture is handwoven from 100% high-density polyethylene (HDPE) wicker. HDPE has antimicrobial properties that inhibit fungus and mildew growth, however, to preserve and lengthen the life of your set even the wicker should be cleaned periodically, approximately twice a year, and this is how you should do it:
- Remove all cushions.
- Use a garden hose to completely wash down furniture. (If you do not have a garden hose available, wash with buckets of clean water.)
- Mix together a cleaning solution using a mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Using a soft bristle brush or sponge, gently clean the wicker. Try to get into the cracks between the weaves, as it helps immensely in loosening up dirt and grime.
- Once you are done brushing or sponging the furniture, wash it down again with your garden hose or bucket of water until all soap residue is gone.
- Let your patio set air dry.
- Kick back, relax and enjoy superior outdoor comfort!
Cleaning and Caring for Fabric
For Sunbrella® fabrics, refer to the following cleaning guide here.
Olefin fiber is a solution dyed then woven fabric that resists stains, mildew, fading and abrasions. Being solution dyed (meaning the color is put in before the yarn is formed), this ensures durability and clean-ability for the fabric to perform properly. To Clean your Olefin Cushion covers; Wash with warm water and mild detergent, then rinse thoroughly with clean water. Avoid contact with suntan oils and lotions and clean promptly if contact occurs.
All of our fabrics are resistant to water. However, heavy or consistent rainfall will still get your cushions wet. If your cushions do get wet, we recommend unzipping the cushions and propping them up to dry.
Cushions will typically require 1-3 days in the sun to completely dry - though humidity and other weather conditions can extend this timeframe. Properly drying your cushions is essential for the longevity of the foam.
To preserve and protect your cushions, we recommend storing them in a dry place when it rains or snows.
Most of SunHaven’s frames are made of rust and maintenance-free powder coated aluminum. Most care needs will be met with mild soap and water, applied with a non-abrasive cloth and rinsed with water. For tougher spills or buildup, we recommend using a mixture of white vinegar and lukewarm water.
Preparing Your Furniture for Winter
Your SunHaven Furniture set is designed to withstand different weather conditions and climates. However, extreme winter conditions can affect the longevity of your set, and thus we recommend protecting your furniture by either storing it in your garage, shed or basement if possible. In the event that you cannot store your furniture in an enclosed space during extreme winter conditions, we recommend you store the cushions indoors, and use a high quality outdoor furniture cover to protect the frames.